Best wireless router solution

Mohit Bhansali mobhansali at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 10:24:21 PDT 2003

I know we must've travelled down this path many times,
but there are new products always coming out.
Frankly, I'm sick of my Airport (startup lag time,
connection loss and, of course, limited range).  My
wife uses an Orinco wireless LAN card with her Dell
laptop (Boo!) that is required by her business school.
 I use a G4 PB (667 DVI).  We both need wireless
connectivity in our apartment in NYC, but the Airport
is not cutting it these days.

What are the best alternative you have found, esp. in
the realm of hybrid connectivity (PC and Macs sharing
the same wireless connection).  Cost is not an issue;
however, quality and realiability are.  I'm not on
802-g, but a router that has that flexibility built in
is a plus.

Again, sorry for the repeated topic.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Many thanks,