[Ti] Range of connection

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 27 15:32:10 PDT 2003

At 5:44 PM -0400 27/8/03, cbirds wrote:
>On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 05:27  PM, Mark Gibson wrote:
>
>>That doesn't matter. As long as he has wireless enabled on the
>>router and you know its IP address and the channel being used, you
>>can borrow some of his bandwidth. TCP/IP is non denominational.
>>
>>However, if he has WEP enabled you will need a password to join his network.
>
>OK this is where I am worried, IP address? How do I get that without
>going over there. I thought I could just open the Airport software
>and the computer would "find" it.

Well you can set the Airport connection to pick the network with the
strongest signal (Assuming you are using OS X, System Preferences:
Network: Airport) and set it to use DHCP but again if his network is
password protected then you are stumped.

--
Regards,
Mark (}-;

AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more
important than any other one thing."   --Abraham Lincoln