[Ti] File sharing past router?

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Wed Aug 27 22:21:28 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 12:15 AM, Chris Olson wrote:
> Although both methods (DMZ server and port forwarding) are insecure.
> I do this all the time with an ssh tunnel.  Download and install Fugu
> to graphically set up an ssh tunnel, then run your service inside the
> tunnel.

I should have added that the way I do it requires a router running an
ssh server.  I use an old beige PowerMac running NetBSD as the router,
ssh to that from the outside, then ssh to a network machine from the
remote shell on the PM.  Then set up the file sharing service over the
ssh connection.
--
Chris