[Ti] Best wireless router solution

Erik Gaderlund gaderson at mac.com
Wed Aug 27 23:43:15 PDT 2003

At 14:59 -0400 08/27/03, Michael Bigley wrote:
>>>What are the best alternative you have found, esp. in
>>>the realm of hybrid connectivity (PC and Macs sharing
>>>the same wireless connection).  Cost is not an issue;
>>>however, quality and realiability are.  I'm not on
>>>802-g, but a router that has that flexibility built in
>>>is a plus.
>
>here is my brief, layman's overview of wireless, based on installing
>5 wireless networks for home and/or small business use. While this
>in no way makes me an expert, it has required me to read a few tech
>notes, spend some time with various tech support and generally
>figure out how to get bits to play well with each other.
>
>802.11b vs. 802.11g:

Now my question is, have the new 'g' hubs been improved for the 'b'
so that if I'm not using 'g' right away I could at least benifit from
any improvemnt in the current 'b' technology?
I'm currenntly using the newer Netgear MG814V2, which even my
roommate who is in the product design section of Apple thought it
looked pretty good.  This is borrowed so I'll be looking to get one
for our house in the near future.

erik g