[Ti] File sharing past router?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Aug 28 08:09:45 PDT 2003

>On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 12:15 AM, Chris Olson wrote:
>>Although both methods (DMZ server and port forwarding) are insecure.  I do this all the time with an ssh tunnel.  Download and install Fugu to graphically set up an ssh tunnel, then run your service inside the tunnel.
>
>I should have added that the way I do it requires a router running an ssh server.  I use an old beige PowerMac running NetBSD as the router, ssh to that from the outside, then ssh to a network machine from the remote shell on the PM.  Then set up the file sharing service over the ssh connection.
>--
>Chris

LOL.   None of my stuff is of interest to others. I am not in charge of an e-commerce site. It is interesting to see how important we sometimes think our data is and how interested we think others will find it. You will find far more valuable information by digging through the trash at most businesses.

Does everyone who uses SSH also shred their trash before putting it out for the trash pick up?
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.

- Vincent T. Lombardi