[Ti] Predictions on Sound Output

Tarik tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Aug 29 01:15:52 PDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 02:51  am, Ron Owens wrote:

> I'm one of those people anxiously awaiting the ne 15" powerbooks, and
> I was just wondering ...  Do people expect the sound output on the new
> 15 inch-ers to be better than the original TiBook?  I have a first
> generation TiBook 500 and the sound ain't so good.  What's the sound
> like on more recent machines?  Will I end up wanting an external
> device?  Hmmm ...

This is a subject close to my heart, Ron.

I would LOVE for Apple to put a decent, well shielded, hifi quality
analogue audio stage in the new TiBooks. Although the new 17 inch
tibooks seem to have marginally better sound its not at all what I am
looking for (0 audible hiss).

In the notebook world good quality sound seems to be low on the list of
priorities for a consumer. It's also tricky as everything is close
together, so it can be hard to shield the analogue stage from the rest
of the electronics. however manufacturers have made PCMCIA cards that
do achieve this. My feeling is when the new 15 inch model comes out you
will still be disappointed, but I'd love Apple to surprise us.

Maybe we should all petition Apple about it or something! I don't mind
paying an extra $100 for decent audio.
--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue