[Ti] How do I remove OS9 from Panther?

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Wed Dec 3 10:20:09 PST 2003

> I just installed Panther on my iBook 366SE. I like it. I want to give
> OS9 the kiss of death to free up my now precious HD area. How do I
> remove OS9 and other files and programs I no longer need?
>
> Is it as simple as dragging the folder into the trash?

Reinstall Panther, zero out the hard drive during the first part of the
setup (you will experience HUGE speed improvements). I have an iBook SE, too
and it was like night and day after the zero out.

Be sure to uncheck all unnecessary languages, uncheck OS9, and don't
activate unneeded services. Your 366 will love you. The only thing left
sucking is Apples famous "Resolution for the Blind".