[Ti] L3 cache on/off problems

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 10:14:14 PST 2003

Anthony Oxlade typed this message on 12/4/03 12:54 PM:

> Since upgrading to 10.3.1  (i've got a Tibook 800/40/512) i've noticed that
> my l3 cache is no longer working (courtesy of the hardware preference pane).
> The apple system profiler lists only L2 cache as does x bench, and the
> hardware preference pane only has an option to turn L2 cache on/off.

Huh? Which Pane gives you that information?

> I've tried everything else from firware resets/pram zapping/removing and
> replacing ram but nothing seems to work. One other thing is that
> cachecontrolX displays 'L3 cache disabled:bad sram's'....im not sure what
> this means exactly.

Sounds like a motherboard issue to me. Do you still have AppleCare?

BTW, System Profiler on my 1 ghz TiPowerbook says both my L2 and L3 cache
work fine (using Panther). I know this isn't very helpful, but I would waste
no time getting your machine into a repair center.

Jg