Using same OS for TiBook and AlBook

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 08:30:50 PST 2003

Does anyone know if there is a significant difference in the different
machine installations of MacOS 10.3 that would prevent using an Aluminum
PowerBook installation of OS X on a Titanium PowerBook (both 15"). I know
this was not possible with most OS8 and OS9 setups, but with the Unix
underpinnings, I'm wondering if the OS installation is more general,
determining minor hardware differences during boot time and therefore more
transportable among different hardware.

I have to send my Aluminum unit in for white-spot screen replacement and need
to use the Titanium while it's gone. It would be nicest to just get a
portable firewire disk, clone everything onto it for use on the Titanium and
save a lot of application installation and system configuration work.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com