[Ti] Duplex Printing - Canon/Panther

Wesley Griffin wgriffin at fraktured.net
Sun Dec 7 09:26:37 PST 2003

On Dec 6, 2003, at 3:21 PM, John Griffin wrote:

> I just discovered that the Canon Duplex Printing unit works just fine
> in
> Jaguar. It prints the first page top to bottom and the reverse page
> bottom
> to top the way it should. But in Panther - forget it!
>
> So there is a serious problem with the way printing is set up in
> Panther.
> Either that or there is a serious problem in the way the latest Canon
> drivers interact with Panther.

I'm not sure how the Canon drivers work, I use a couple of HP lasers
with duplex units. When you choose print from an application, and get
the print dialog, select "Layout" from the 3rd drop down box. You
should see a "Two Sided Printing:" widget with the following options:

   Off
   Long-Edge Binding
   Short Edge Binding

What you're describing is I believe the Short Edge Binding option of
Duplex printing. What you want is the Long-Edge Binding option. HTH.