[Ti] Duplex Printing - Canon/Panther

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sun Dec 7 09:45:45 PST 2003

Wesley Griffin typed this message on 12/7/03 12:26 PM:

> I'm not sure how the Canon drivers work, I use a couple of HP lasers
> with duplex units. When you choose print from an application, and get
> the print dialog, select "Layout" from the 3rd drop down box. You
> should see a "Two Sided Printing:" widget with the following options:
>
>  Off
>  Long-Edge Binding
>  Short Edge Binding
>
> What you're describing is I believe the Short Edge Binding option of
> Duplex printing. What you want is the Long-Edge Binding option. HTH.

With the Canon drivers, the "Two Sided Printing" setting is greyed out.

However there is a separate "Duplex Printing" function in the pulldown. I
have selected to use the Duplex Unit and opted for long sided stapling. It
works in Jaguar just fine. In Panther it will print short side stapling no
matter what you do.

jg