[Ti] Why does Disk Utility see my 80gig as 128gig?

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Thu Dec 11 13:55:21 PST 2003

The retailer seems surprised about this. Since I bought the enclose
from them some time ago they are following up with the manufacturer.

For the record, it's a Hitachi 80gig 4200rpm drive with the clear
plastic OWC like enclosure with the rounded sizes that runs Oxford 911.

Transintl just called back and told me that they have to wait until
they can get in touch with the Taiwanese manufacture of the circuit
board. but the suggestion was that somewhere the information coming out
of the drive (capacity) is getting scrambled by the bridge.

I'm not going to try and format this thing externally and I don't want
to try it internally until I have a clone of my existing drive.