[Ti] Speed-up safari

Jason Tertadian haiku23 at mac.com
Thu Dec 11 17:14:58 PST 2003

--

The maximum transmission unit (MTU) size is actually a system setting; not a Safari setting.  In 10.2 you could download quite a few shareware apps to set it for you or do it from the command line.  In 10.3 it's now a built-in feature of the Network preference pane.

1) Open up System Preferences and then Network
2) Click the Ethernet tab.  Then pull down the Configure menu and choose "Manually (Advanced.)"

I'd recommend against changing the MTU setting UNLESS your DSL provider uses PPPoE as the connection method.  If they do, set a custom MTU of 1492.

Let me know if this helped.

Cheers
... jsn