[Ti] Ahhhh! My ethernet is dead!

G'kar gkar at mac.com
Sat Dec 13 06:48:15 PST 2003

On 12/13/03 8:23 AM, "ti at zlit.net" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:

> I have no clue what's going on... on my 1ghz TiBook, the ethernet is no longer
> working (OS X 10.3).  When you go to the network pref pane, it doesn't show
> ethernet, but you can still go to the ethernet config page... at that page,
> it's
> not getting a DHCP address (or self assigning).
>
> Any advice?  I'm on (shutter) webmail-- and I will try to check in as often as
> possible.  TIA for any help!

I've had this happen a couple times and with our 60 iBooks at work I get the
complaint a couple times a month and usually it is remedied by turning the
machine off (not restarting) and back on.

david

The terrible thing about terrorism is that ultimately it destroys those who
practise it. Slowly but surely, as they try to extinguish life in others,
the light within them dies.

Terry Waite