[Ti] Installing panther on a partition

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Dec 19 20:24:33 PST 2003

At 12:28 +0100 18/12/03, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:
>2003-12-18 kl. 09.15 skrev S. Moussly:
>
>>I have critical data on the other partitions that I am afraid to
>>lose. The only back I can do at the moment is using my external 30 GB HD
>---------------
>Don't do anything but make a backup of your data _now_. Surely you
>can't have more documents on your 60 GB than fits on the 30 GB HD.
>You don't have to do a Carbon Copy Cloner, just save your work
>_now_! Your programs should be available from their respective CD:s
>if something happens.
>
>Your HD can be faulty at any time with bad luck. Never have things
>you're afraid to loose on _one_ media.
>
>Sorry for nearly yelling at you, but you scare me when having
>important material and apparently no backup. :-)

Lisbeth - I cannot agree more with you.  Regular backup is essential.
As you say the HD could be faulty at any time (although with 14 y of
Mac use, I have never had one). However, the computer could be stolen
at any time (as I found out recently).  Now I have 2 external HD for
backup, one at home, one in the office.

Trevor