[Ti] more on Word v.X under Panther on a G4 Powerbook

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Dec 24 14:58:19 PST 2003

At 16:18 -0800 22/12/03, Renaud Dreyer wrote:

>Have a look at the following:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307410
>
>It applies to Office under Windows but the symptoms are very
>similar. Do you have Norton Antivirus and/or Adobe Acrobat installed
>on your machine? Ciao,

Renaud - I took all Norton products off my Ti-500 [concensus of the
List] when I was having kernel panics in the early days of OS X.  Now
I have Virex (from .mac).  I do have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.

The article you gave the URL for actually describes almost exactly
what I am seeing.

I moved the files mentioned in the article:

	Pdfmaker.dot
	Pdfmaker.xla

to my HOME folder.

Since I have a lot of archival folders on my Powerbook, as part of my
process to recover files lost when my previous (Ti-)book ws stolen, a
check revealed that I do have some Norton files (mostly from OS 9) on
the disk, so I am in the process of clearing them all out....

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

regards,  Trevor