[Ti] more on Word v.X under Panther on a G4 Powerbook

Renaud Dreyer rdreyer at math.berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 24 15:03:56 PST 2003

Le mercredi, 24 déc 2003, à 14:58 US/Pacific, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley a
écrit :

> At 16:18 -0800 22/12/03, Renaud Dreyer wrote:
>>
>> Have a look at the following:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307410
>>
>> It applies to Office under Windows but the symptoms are very similar.
>> Do you have Norton Antivirus and/or Adobe Acrobat installed on your
>> machine? Ciao,
>
> Renaud - I took all Norton products off my Ti-500 [concensus of the
> List] when I was having kernel panics in the early days of OS X.  Now
> I have Virex (from .mac).  I do have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.
>
> The article you gave the URL for actually describes almost exactly
> what I am seeing.
>
> I moved the files mentioned in the article:
>

> 	Pdfmaker.dot
> 	Pdfmaker.xla
>
> to my HOME folder.
>
> Since I have a lot of archival folders on my Powerbook, as part of my
> process to recover files lost when my previous (Ti-)book ws stolen, a
> check revealed that I do have some Norton files (mostly from OS 9) on
> the disk, so I am in the process of clearing them all out....

Yes, this is what I was going to suggest next. Make sure all traces of
Norton are truly gone, I saw some Norton processes running on my
machine a few months ago, even though I thought I'd removed every piece
of Nortonian origin from my Mac. Good luck,

          Renaud