[Ti] [OT] Airborne Express, was Re: [Ti] Electricity "leak"

Renaud Dreyer rdreyer at math.berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 27 20:07:26 PST 2003

Le samedi, 27 déc 2003, à 18:52 US/Pacific, Kynan Shook a écrit :

> Well, I wouldn't normally do this, but I've had such *good*
> experiences with Airborne Express that I have to leap to their defense
> here...  I work for an Apple Authorized Service Provider, so I can
> confirm that all of Apple's service parts (such as your power adapter
> and cord, or any parts we use to fix computers) are shipped overnight
> by Airborne.  Retail goods use a variety of shippers.  At our office,
> I don't think we've ever had a package lost, or even delayed by
> Airborne.  They are FAST.

Airborne Express *Ground* managed to lose the first 15" aluminium
Powerbook I ordered from the Apple Store. After telling me for a whole
week that it was going to be delivered "today" or "tomorrow", they
finally admitted that they had completely lost track of it after I
complained to Apple. All of this just before an important trip where I
absolutely needed the machine. This is probably the worse consumer
service experience I've ever had (the people I talked to on the phone
couldn't read the tracking information on their own computers), and
I'll make sure to avoid Airborne Express Ground in the future. Their
overnight service, on the other hand, has been flawless so far. Regards,

          Renaud Dreyer