[Ti] Newbie, take apart instructions

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Sun Dec 28 07:49:12 PST 2003

on 12/28/03 3:19 AM, Daniel May at daniel.may at tiscali.de wrote:

> I'm new to this list, owning a 667/DVI TiBook for 6 months. I'm looking for
> take apart instructions for the TiBook, particularly the display, because
> the outer display cover has loosened a bit and I want to fix that. Does
> anybody have instructions and/or experience taking apart the display? Any
> help would be gratly appreciated.

There is very little to "take apart" on a PBG4, if you want to be able to
put it back together again.

One of the things that you won't be able to "put together" is the outer
display cover.  The general consensus is that the display is basically
"laminated" together.

PBParts <http://www.pbparts.com> may be your friend in this case, but
realize that the display is one of the most expensive parts to replace.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver