[Ti] PowerBook "power"... or lack thereof

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Tue Dec 30 10:45:44 PST 2003

On Dec 30, 2003, at 12:19 PM, Kynan Shook wrote:

> you can install the optional CHUD tools from Apple's developer tools
> installer.
>
> Anyway, that should give you a few ideas on what could influence the
> speeds...  Hope your brain didn't explode there!

Brain is still in one piece, and I appreciate the input.  The laptop is
way more useful to me because it's really hard to lug a Power Mac into
the field along with a Honda generator to run it :-)

The processor is set to Highest performance, but I never considered the
CHUD tools, nor did I consider the difference in processor cache.
Since ESRI ArcExplorer is a Java-based app, I have made sure all my
updates relating to Java are current.

I'll check some of this out.  Thanks much.
--
Chris