[Ti] Dead Ti :-(

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 2 03:54:08 PST 2003

jpe tapped out this message on 2/2/2003 6:26 AM

>Dumb question. Does the battery have life as indicated by the led
>status on the battery?

Yeah, sort of a dumb question when you consider that I already said it
won't power on at all...has not been used in a few months (I was in the
hospital) but should work with the power supply....even though I knew the
battery would have been long since discharged.

> If not, obvious would seem dead battery/bad
>power supply.

Battery is not charged....but is there another battery that can go dead?
The power supply does not light up at the plug as it should or as I
remember it should and as my trusty blue and orange iBooks do....

> If the battery has life and the power supply is known to
>work.

Neither.

>Try this. Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds. Make
>sure it is plugged in. I have had my Ti not want to start up/wake up.
>Had to hold power button down (like when it locks and won't shut off)
>to get it back on.

Tried that. Went through all the steps with the AppleCare "tech".
I am going to see if I can limp into a store and test with another power
supply, since I dont have another one similar that fits.

Also, this is OT, but where in HECK is the OS 9 that was supposed to come
with the eMac/800/Superdrive? It will boot into 9 but I want this for a
work machine and want X off completely because 20 out of 60 gigs of space
is being wasted and I'm sure X has a lot to do with that. Can I just use
my new 9.2.1 CD that I got? There is no CD with just 9 on it, only
bundles. There must be some way to extract the installer from the disk
images.
Then how to get iDVD back on there? Geesh.