[Ti] ergonomica

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Tue Feb 4 15:44:25 PST 2003

>I am considering trading in my desktop for a lovely TiBook. I have
>had some issues with neck, back, & wrist stain in the past (even
>with desktops since I spend so much time on the machine) and was
>wondering how many out there have had any issues having to look down
>at the powerbook screen all the time, having your arms tight in on a
>smaller keyboard, etc. Do many of you use pro keyboards and stands?
>I want a laptop to be a laptop sans all the extra prostheseses, of
>course.

You are wise to forearm yourself before the strain takes its toll.
You are well-advised to acquire an Apple desktop keyboard. for
starters. And after an occupational therapist warned me of the
dangers of using a laptop for many hours (due to the lowered screen),
I went out to Home Depot and bought a white coated wire thingee that
is an element in shelving and my Ti sits atop of it keeping the
screen at eye level. I have the added bonus of having additional desk
space under the shelf and my keyboard slides under there as well.

Anyone spending many hours daily at their Ti is well advised to
ensure that the screen is up at eye level and that they sit in a
chair with proper support.

--
Best regards,

Murray
mailto:murrayka at mac.com

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO --I came, I saw, I stuck around.