[Ti] ergonomica

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Tue Feb 4 17:22:34 PST 2003

>  >And after an occupational therapist warned me of the dangers of
>using a laptop for many hours (due to the lowered screen),
>
>I wonder where she gets her information? Perhaps from all the ads
>and maybe even a bit of 'everyone knows'.

Recently diagnosed with Parkinsons, I have availed myself of
professional advice and I research every "expert" I consult. From my
own experience I have found that hours in the wrong position take
their toll. Perhaps it is because I am in my mid-60s and am more
noticeable about these things but I assure you that I am not easy
prey for marketing strategies.

>  >Anyone spending many hours daily at their Ti is well advised to
>ensure that the screen is up at eye level and that they sit in a
>chair with proper support.
>
>Are you sure? Have you read the medical investigative studies? The
>ones not funded by the manufacturers with product to sell?

Yes I am sure. As sure as I am I will still advise everyone to take
advice from both of us and hold their own counsel. But, my friend,
are YOU that sure of your position to risk advice that runs counter
to good sense? I would be careful before blithely attributing good
advice to marketing.

Oh yes, the wire stand I bought cost me $6. Cdn. Not much room there
for profiteering...

And anyone using their laptop for many hours daily is foolish not to
invest in an Apple full keyboard and a mouse. Both can be had for
under $100. It is all very well to have a cynical attitude but a
measure of good sense is also necessary.

--
Best regards,

Murray
mailto:murrayka at mac.com

"A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a
  hostile world: everyone you meet is your mirror." - Ken Keyes, Jr.