[Ti] Re : Fan noise on tiBook 867

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Thu Feb 6 08:00:35 PST 2003

on 2/6/2003 3:09 AM, Roald Baudoux at roald.baudoux at brutele.be wrote:

> I have bought the same machine a few days ago and have the same problem
> even while using a Griffin iCurve stand. I guess the fan would'nt function
> so often if there was a way to lower the temperature of the machine. Any
> idea to to this?

Take more breaks? ;-)

Seriously, the fan on my Ti500 rarely comes on even when I'm compiling tons
of code, but then I also have it on a Podium Coolpad 24x7.  I also make sure
that the cooling vents on the bottom/back/sides remain uncovered, and if the
fan comes on, I often flip down the door on the back at that time to help
improve airflow.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver