[Ti] how to get rid of Dock

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 6 08:17:56 PST 2003

on 03/02/06 07:28, Victor Eijkhout at eijkhout at cs.utk.edu wrote:

> Not quite what you were looking for, but with TinkerTool you can get
> the dock at the top of screen. That effectively makes it
> inaccessible.

This is a great idea, except it is ruined by an apparent bug in the system.

I agree that having the dock peep out every time I accidentally put the
mouse near an edge of the screen, or having it visible all the time, is one
of the most annoying things about Mac OS X.

You're correct that using TinkerTool to put it at the top prevents it from
peeping out.  But I like and often use the dock menus (docklings) with Full
Keyboard Access.  Here is the bug: When the dock is put at the top with
TinkerTool, and you activate it with Full Keyboard Access, the left and
right arrows do not work, so you cannot access the dock menus for different
applications.

Jerry