[Ti] Re : Fan noise on tiBook 867

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Thu Feb 6 08:55:53 PST 2003

I could almost see this happening for light to moderate use (email, web,
light graphics, music). As I mentioned before.. takes some time for my 1st
stage fan to come on at all.. Been working for 3 hours this morning already
and haven't heard a peep. HD is getting noisier these days though..

I think this all has a little to do with the fact that 550 owners got jipped
out of the L3 cache..  Just a little less to cool? I don't know actually.

I will happily trade my mint condition extremely quiet desk queen 550/combo
for a 867/Ghz machine!  hahahaha.. I am sure someone will chuckle at that.

On 2/6/03 8:50 AM, "Tom Warner" <tom at dfind.com> wrote:

> BTW I know of someone who, after measuring temps for some time, has
> disconnected the fan in his 550. He has found no difference in the
> operating temperature and the machine is silent. I don't have the
> courage to do that.
>
> All the best,
> Tom

Bill Reburn