[Ti] Re : Fan noise on tiBook 867

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Thu Feb 6 08:57:46 PST 2003

On 6.2.2003 10:50, "Tom Warner" <tom at dfind.com> wrote:

> Several times I've checked the airflow in/out of the side and back
> vents. Using my precision calibrated tuft of Prime Northern European
> Goose Down, there is _no_ movement of air in or out of the case as a
> result of the fan.

I have used my own "precision calibrated Prime Northern European Goose Down"
:)  next to both the side and back fan vents on my 1GHz PB and both fans are
blowing air rather well out of them when they do come on.  The book runs
fairly cool, it sits mostly on an Podium Pad when possible,  no real
problems here.  The fans come on from time to time, but not excessively, and
when they do, they are quiet, not really noticeable at all.