[Ti] Weird noise

Evan Shea darkglory at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 7 13:34:33 PST 2003

> This morning I woke up and heard my Ti making a repeated clicking
> noise.

My girlfriend has a similar experience with her Ti667 (or whatever that 6xx
mhz one was) with a 30 GB hard drive.  The Mac Genius at our local Apple
Store ran some diagnostic software and determined a block of her hard drive
(block 3609512 to be exact) was bad and was causing the hard drive to make a
"clicking" noise while spinning, as well as causing many of her apps to hang
with the beach ball of death until she had no choice but to force quit or
power down.

If you are experiencing the same (which you seemed to with your screen
saver) you may check into brining it to an Apple Store simply for peace of
mind.

-Evan