broken screen

fbarra fbarra at chemphys.weizmann.ac.il
Fri Feb 7 20:23:31 PST 2003

Hello. In the airport my titanium fall (... I know  I am very stupid!).
I am now in Hong-kong and I need to repair it.
I see that next to the start button there is a scratch (or a crack)
and the screen does not have light. I still can see
that the computer is working because the screen still reflects light
(it works passively). Somebody told me that either the hole LCD
needs to be replace or just a fluorescence tube on the LCD.

If somebody have any experience with a problem like that
will help me a lot to know what to do. Do you think that the
LCD must be replace or it is easy to replace just this
fluorescence tube?

>From here I am coming back to chile and I think that there will
be much more difficult to repair it.

Thanks, Felipe.