[Ti] broken screen

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat Feb 8 00:23:36 PST 2003

lördagen den 8 februari 2003 kl 05.23 skrev fbarra:

> Hello. In the airport my titanium fall (... I know  I am very stupid!).
> I am now in Hong-kong and I need to repair it.
> I see that next to the start button there is a scratch (or a crack)
> and the screen does not have light. I still can see
> that the computer is working because the screen still reflects light
> (it works passively). Somebody told me that either the hole LCD
> needs to be replace or just a fluorescence tube on the LCD.
Sorry about your accident Felipe,
As far as I remember from this list any damage to the screen has ment a
complete replacement since it seem it is constructed in such a manner
that it can not be demounted and then mounted again.

This is not the answer you wanted and if you can wait for the American
Ti-users to wake up perhaps someone their inspite of earlier messages
on this list have made some successful repair of the screen. I fear
however that this in not likely and that you are in for a costly
repair. Pole sana Felipe as one say in Swahili.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum> updat 030131
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)