[Ti] What a waste ...

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Sun Feb 9 03:32:44 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 02:07 AM, Steve Wozniak wrote:

>> After searching through the Dantz & Apple forums, now I find that my
>> CD-RW is
>> one firmware version behind & they say that there is nothing that
>> they are going
>> to do. They say it's Apple's fault. Basically I'm feeling pretty
>> screwed. :-(
>
> This takes me back to the time when Apple was making a big statement
> about getting into the server business with their own standard
> 'server' package. The tower came with a built-in tape drive and a copy
> of Retrospect. But Retrospect wasn't compatible with the tape drive it
> shipped with. I never got anywhere with either company, so I just
> bought extra hard disk drives and backed up manually. I still do to
> this day.

How do you deal with the risk that the whole computer is destroyed
(fire, earth quake, etc)? It is a good practice to keep backups
separate from the main system (preferably in a different building, or
even city), something that is difficult to manage with internal hard
disk drives, and even with external hard drives. Do you have some kind
of system to rotate drives, or do you backup to some remote system?

/ Regards, David