How do I get more speed from my Ti 400?

William Benton willyb1 at attbi.com
Sun Feb 9 08:50:44 PST 2003

My Ti 400, 40GB IBM GNX Drive, 384 MB RAM, OS 10.2.3 runs like a snail.
Would more RAM help? I am aware that the vid requirements are not met
by this machine but Jag still runs better than any other OSX. Finder
speed is my problem. Applications are snappy enough. I don't want to
settle for minor speed improvements. In earlier OSX versions I tried
various software fixes (TinkerTool, etc.) and found them to be lacking.
I have set colors down to thousands for my display and it hasn't seemed
to help. If this is a lost cause please just tell me so. I need to stay
in OSX for crash-proofing and for job related networking issues (love
that Rendevous!). PLease advise. I am not ready to purchase a new
Powerbook.

	Thanks for reading,
		Willy