[Ti] What a waste ...

Flanders, Camron Brent benhogan at ku.edu
Sun Feb 9 21:33:40 PST 2003

::::::DISCLAIMER::::::::::

I APOLOGIZE TO THE LIST FOR THIS EMAIL, IT WAS A RESPONSE TO FRANK'S POST
AND I WOULD'NT HAVE POSTED TO THE LIST IF I HAD FRANKS EMAIL

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Frank,

        I am glad that you can respond with such confidence to a admitted
younger person, i now look up to you. And you even said that you didn't
thoroughly check the compatibility issue ::

"I had no idea that there would be a compatability issue. Oh well, my

fault. I'll use the DVD-RW with DVDSP anyway so no real harm there."

second, "my cheerleading" was not done at your expense and I am insulted
that you would take it that way. I was merely pointing out a completely
bogus statement in hopes that you would come to your senses and not go to
windows. I also own a PC ( a dual 2.5 Ghz P4 for rendering purposes, not
cheap and not really wanted) sadly enough so i wasn't saying you aren't
eligible for "the club" as you put it.

"Do you use FCP? Let's see now, who are you?"

Yeah, i do use FCP thank you Mr. Frank Wiewandt. I have done quite a bit of
editing and producing with my High School's athletic department. I produced
the highlight DVD's for the football and basketball seasons, as well as my
varsity golf team, which i led to state. that is my experience with FCP and
DVD Studio Pro. I own and have used Avid and Premier. I originally applied
to Columbia college in Chicago because i wanted to be in the industry. After
a while, i decided to do Architectural Engineering as you so eloquently
pointed out in your nice, nice email. So my "irrelevant commentary beyond my
expertise" doesn't seem so beyond my knowledge, does it?

        I already explained that i thought the compatibility was dumb, i
agreed with that all the way. I also think know that in the video industry
having ultra wide SCSI 10000 rpm drives is essential in non-linear editing,
so my remark about you not wanting to buy drives wasn't dumb and i am
surprised that you don't have extra drives due to this. It was a bit
inappropriate, i agree and i apologize, but that post was a outraged
response to the fact that a Ti owner could ponder going to wintel. So, Mr.
Frank, although i don't think i should have had to defend myself in this
fashion i have. I apologize once again that my post came across as an attack
on you, that was not the nature behind it. I hope we can move past this
incident as Mac people.

Regards,

Camron