[Ti] broken screen

Grace_Kjelden at NCCI.COM Grace_Kjelden at NCCI.COM
Mon Feb 10 07:42:59 PST 2003

Hey,
A while ago my screen cracked because someone stepped on it!  Apple wanted
1200 just for the part and another 500 to do the fixin!!!  I thought no
way!!!  So, someone on this forum recommended a sight to buy parts Werner.
And I called and they had LCD's for 479.00 or 800.00 to do the repair.  I
paid the lesser and had it shipped to me.  After looking forever for
instructions on replacing the part (seems Apple makes people remove that
kind of info from their sights even though they did the repairing), I
decided to give it a go myself.  It wasn't all that hard, just that Apple
seems to "hide" screws :o)  But, the LCD is in and working wonderfully.  If
you would like further details on replacing the LDC feel free to email
offline!
Grace

                      fbarra
                      <fbarra at chemphys.weizmann        To:       "PowerBook G4 Titanium List" <Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
                      .ac.il>                          cc:
                      Sent by: "PowerBook G4           Subject:  [Ti] broken screen
                      Titanium List"
                      <Titanium at lists.themacint
                      oshguy.com>

                      02/07/2003 11:23 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "PowerBook G4 Titanium
                      List"

Hello. In the airport my titanium fall (... I know  I am very stupid!).
I am now in Hong-kong and I need to repair it.
I see that next to the start button there is a scratch (or a crack)
and the screen does not have light. I still can see
that the computer is working because the screen still reflects light
(it works passively). Somebody told me that either the hole LCD
needs to be replace or just a fluorescence tube on the LCD.

If somebody have any experience with a problem like that
will help me a lot to know what to do. Do you think that the
LCD must be replace or it is easy to replace just this
fluorescence tube?

>From here I am coming back to chile and I think that there will
be much more difficult to repair it.

Thanks, Felipe.

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<Titanium-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Need help from a real person? Try.
<Titanium-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac
ISP
Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!
http://macinternetaccess.com

CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

  Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
  Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml