[Ti] external display problem

Frank Wiewandt fwphoto at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 10 19:55:44 PST 2003

Hi Holly,

>>> I’m trying to attach an external display to my G4. It was working and I
disconnected it to rearrange my desk and now I can’t get my G4 to
detect it. I’m wondering if it’s a problem with the connection to the
TiBook. The video plug seems loose and if I try and use the attached
screws to tighten it to the back (of the TiBook) they don’t connect (so
I can’t tighten the cable on to the back). <<<

Sounds like you should try to get the cable to fit better. I sometimes have
trouble getting the screws to screw, too. I have to hold the plug tight to to
back of the TiG4 and gently attach it. Mine doesn't take much. I just get one
side just started & go right to the other. The key is getting the plug all the
way in to the back of the TiG4 and sorta feeling the screws catch. It really
does fit!

Let us know if you get it working properly.

Good luck,

Frank Wiewandt