[Ti] TiBook AC Adapter in an AlBook?

j.p.e. listmail at acedsl.com
Tue Feb 11 10:16:52 PST 2003

I just recently went through a power supply "hell" of sorts. My
sister's brick for her iceBook developed a short at the plug head. The
insulation had deteriorated and the wires were frayed. She called in
for a new one under apple care. In the time that waited for it, her
husband got a new Ai 12", and a day or 2 after that her completely
died. So she had to begin sharing with her husband for juice.  In this
time my own adaptor (hockey puck) had developed a short (it shorted
where it stresses coming out of the puck. Where it gets bent when you
wrap it up). I had taken the puck apart (which when you do, it doesn't
law accidentally kicked the wire and busted the wire at the plug head.
So now there where 3 of us on adaptor. I went to the store and got a
new brick adaptor for my Ti, which works fine. My sister had been
waiting for about 2 weeks for a new adaptor, in that time apple sent
her, first an adaptor for an AirPort, then a hockey puck. They finally
sent, day before, the right adaptor, and sent 2. go figure. All in all
the brick works fine on the Ti... I suggest if you have an opportunity
to get a brick in place of the puck, do it as the puck will fail.