[Ti] (OT) iTunes missing plugin - speed control

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Wed Feb 12 07:13:52 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisbeth Zachs" <zachs at swedenmail.com>
To: "PowerBook G4 Titanium List" <Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 8:48 AM
Subject: [Ti] (OT) iTunes missing plugin - speed control

onsdagen den 12 februari 2003 kl 14.18 skrev Les Posen:

>> iTunes is missing one element that would make it perfect -
>> pitch/tempo/speed control.

>Isn't that violating the original artist's performance?

Only if you actually grope the musician.

>When I'm listening to a piece music played by an orchestra and its
conductor, I
trust they have choosen to play it like that. I even find the Equlizer,
now available, intruding so never use it.

Commercial music is produced in the studio under laboratory conditions. When
it hits the real world, you need to equalize the music to make it match back
to the original intent: Sonic Harmony. The variances in output factors is
broad, and equalization is mandatory. Take the tin cover off of your ears
and try using the equalizer one night, and try to exploit different tones or
intruments, you'll be pleased, if music is something you like.
It's especially true in symphony, which has lotsa layers. Depending on how
it was mic'd, adjusting the equalizer, you can tweak a piece and actually
find you never even heard that string section while using the default
setting.