[Ti] Applecare Enrollment?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 13:25:46 PST 2003

On  Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:58:24 +0000 Tarik Bilgin <tarik at opalblue.com> wrote:

> Applecare is a product which can be "Activated" against a particular
> serial numbered Apple hardware product.

It occurs to me that it would make much more sense if Apple sold Applecare
as a product that carried over whatever product one was using. So, if I buy
Applecare with a Powerbook and end up selling it and upgrading to a new
Powerbook, why not have the Applecare stay with me, the customer, rather
than with the original Powerbook? If I bought a product that was more
expensive to cover, I would be billed for the extra amount that it would
cost to have it covered. And when it is getting close to expiring, I would
receive a notice and be billed for another 2 year extension.

Makes sense to me. This way, I would have one Applecare account number that
would stay with me through all my years of using Apple products.

jg