[Ti] Applecare Enrollment?

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Wed Feb 12 13:32:53 PST 2003

On 2/12/03 1:25 PM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:

> On  Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:58:24 +0000 Tarik Bilgin <tarik at opalblue.com> wrote:
>
>> Applecare is a product which can be "Activated" against a particular
>> serial numbered Apple hardware product.
>
> It occurs to me that it would make much more sense if Apple sold Applecare
> as a product that carried over whatever product one was using. So, if I buy
> Applecare with a Powerbook and end up selling it and upgrading to a new
> Powerbook, why not have the Applecare stay with me, the customer, rather
> than with the original Powerbook? If I bought a product that was more
> expensive to cover, I would be billed for the extra amount that it would
> cost to have it covered. And when it is getting close to expiring, I would
> receive a notice and be billed for another 2 year extension.
>
> Makes sense to me. This way, I would have one Applecare account number that
> would stay with me through all my years of using Apple products.
>
> jg

John,

I was discussing the same things with some friends recently... We thought
though - where else in the consumer world does this happen?

This is not insurance. Insurance coverage stays with a person. This is a
specifically valued warranty extension on a specific piece of electronic
gear. Well you obviously know what it is.. But as far as it covering
whatever else you happen to throw at it - it just doesn't happen,
anywhere(?)

Bill Reburn