[Ti] Plug in questions

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 13 12:49:26 PST 2003

According to Murray E. Milligan:

>So to the question, How do I move plug ins, assuming that's the
>problem to a location so my Scanwise can "see" PS Elements and
>Readiris for OS X.
>
>If we can take this off line that's fine, but I'm sure I'm not the
>only neophyte out there in the silicone ether who can learn from
>this experience.
>
>I thank you all for your time and thank you in advance for your replies.
>
>Cheers to all.

Murray,

I don't use Scanwise, but I do use TWAIN [the importer of scanned
images for all of my photo apps which include Photoshop and P--Shop
Elements 2, etc].

I can't be 100% certain how it works w/Scanwise, but in the Photoshop
Elements folder, you'll find a folder called 'Plugins' and inside of
it you'll see quite a number of folders, one of which is called
'Import/Export". My TWAIN plugin is located there, and works
flawlessly. It's in the same folder in Photoshop 7, also.

I'm not running any photo apps in 9, but I know the TWAIN drivers
were in the same places in the OS 9 versions of these same apps.

I'm curious as to whether or not Scanwise, when you ran the
installer,  did it ask you to locate any particular folder? Sometimes
the Installers for plug-ins will select a relevant, but incorrect
location for an install. Example: When I recently installed Kai's
Effects [a Photoshop, Elements, etc, plugin filter/effects suite],
the installer 'defaulted' to my copy of IconBuilder Pro, a Photoshop
plugin for Mac/Windows, that I hadn't even installed yet, so you
never know. At the time I simply looked at the Installer, saw it was
targeting the Icon builder, and used the button on the Installer to
select a folder. Of course i selected the 'filters' folder in my
Photoshop's 'Plug-ins' folder, and all was well.

You might try a re-install  of Scanwise, or, failing that, open the
Scanwise folder and see if there aren't plugins just sitting in the
folder.

Sometimes the plugins [and everything else in the app, are not
readily visible, in which case Control-Click on the Application's
icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. From there you open the
folder called 'Contents', and very often you'll find a folder inside
called plug-ins. The proper plugin can then be dragged right to the
plugin folder there.

But it sounds to me like Scanwise might have installed the plugin
[which is probably a bridge of some kind between the scanner and
Elements.

Good luck, hope that helps.

~flipper