[Ti] T68i

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri Feb 14 14:29:03 PST 2003

At 4:54 PM -0500 2/14/03, Christopher Owens wrote:

>I'm thinking of getting the T68i from T-mobile and was wondering if any of you used it via Bluetooth with your Ti or Bluetooth palm.  Any thoughts, suggestions, feedback?

What you want to do does work. But I had to find online references with the magic to make it work. I never got the exact right info for T-Mobile or Cingular back when I tried it, and gave up then. But I have recently come across this info, so it does exist.

Here's what was involved in the AT&T Wireless setup. I hope this helps you.

Use a Ross Barkman GPRS script for the T68i. <http://www.taniwha.org.uk/ >

Pair the T68i cell phone to your computer via bluetooth and then dial my ISP using PPP. Be sure to observe the word "paired" on your T68i. All works as with any other modem.

The network setups are the hitch. I spent 30 hours on phone calls to Cingular and never got anyone in technical support or customer support or sales that had the answers to GPRS data connection, so I gave up. I spent 30 hours with AT&T Wireless and got a very helpful and knowledgeable person, but still got the wrong info. I finally lucked out in finding a web page by someone with the same computer, bluetooth, phone and carrier as myself. So be sure that you know that you'll get the right setup info with your T-Mobile.

Here are the setup steps for AT&T Wireless.

<http://www.obzorg.org/archives/00000054.shtml>

Here are some screen shots of the relevant network settings for an AT&T Wireless connection: The PPP info will be different for T-Mobile.

<http://cplater.accs.wayne.edu/~cplater/t68i.html>

--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)