T68i

Les Posen lesposen at optushome.com.au
Fri Feb 14 16:05:59 PST 2003

I have the t68 working here in Oz with Optus.

Any Aussies wishing some assistance can contact me offline. The Barkman
scripts work, of course, and I had to tell the Optus support people
about them and how to get them!

Seems to be a "universal" phenomenon with Cell. Telcos!

Les

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 10:11  AM, Woz wrote:

> Here's what was involved in the AT&T Wireless setup. I hope this helps
> you.
>
> Use a Ross Barkman GPRS script for the T68i.
> <http://www.taniwha.org.uk/ >
>
> Pair the T68i cell phone to your computer via bluetooth and then dial
> my ISP using PPP. Be sure to observe the word "paired" on your T68i.
> All works as with any other modem.
>
> The network setups are the hitch. I spent 30 hours on phone calls to
> Cingular and never got anyone in technical support or customer support
> or sales that had the answers to GPRS data connection, so I gave up. I
> spent 30 hours with AT&T Wireless and got a very helpful and
> knowledgeable person, but still got the wrong info. I finally lucked
> out in finding a web page by someone with the same computer,
> bluetooth, phone and carrier as myself. So be sure that you know that
> you'll get the right setup info with your T-Mobile.
>
> Here are the setup steps for AT&T Wireless.
>
> <http://www.obzorg.org/archives/00000054.shtml>
>
> Here are some screen shots of the relevant network settings for an
> AT&T Wireless connection: The PPP info will be different for T-Mobile.
>
> <http://cplater.accs.wayne.edu/~cplater/t68i.html>

Les Posen/MEL					      Webmaster
Lposen (AIM/iChat)				Australian Psychological Society
P.O. Box 1229 						  (Victorian Branch)
St.Kilda South					       Virtual Reality Therapy
Australia 3182	  http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iMovieTheater1.html