[Ti] 17" appears in Apple store

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 17 10:31:32 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 16, 2003, at 07:09  PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:
> My local Apple store has the 17" on display in the window. Nothing for
> the consumer to touch but you can watch it spin around.   lol

There appears to be ones people can "play with" popping up in apple
stores:
http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=18503
(Read the comments to find it's not just the Palo Alto store that has
them as the article says).

It's just a shame that after 6 weeks since it's introduction, the
shipping time, according to the apple store online, is 5-7 weeks--which
isn't much better than the 7-10 they had the day it was announced.  5
weeks puts it at the end of march, 7 weeks is 3 months after the
announcement.  That seems insane to me.  Ah well, it's apple, right?

Benn