[Ti] Netgear vs. Airport

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Mon Feb 17 13:51:37 PST 2003

>I just checked on the Apple website, and as I expected, Airport
>Extreme is backwards compatible with Airport. So any Airport Extreme
>equipped device should be compatible with any 802.11b device.

Yes, but it's a lowest common denominator thing - the slower 802.11b
devices on the network will tend to drag the performance of the whole
network down. From what I've read recently the whole 802.11g thing is
a mess - the manufacturers have gone ahead and started shipping
pre-802.11g products before the standard has been finalised so there
are going to be all sorts of headaches down the road.

Paul