[Ti] Big windows-mac troubles

Ted tlanden at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 23:48:12 PST 2003

I have tried to copy large files over Airport to/from three different
servers, two different AirPort Base stations (grey and snow), and using a
Cube, Ti 500, Ti 667 and a iBook 400.  The (Windows2000/NT/Linux) servers
were installed at different times along with a couple of different network
configurations.  I also use a Sony laptop with a wireless card running XP
and using either Airport Base Station I am able to copy large files with no
problems.  Care to guess the configuration problems we are having?  My guess
is OS-X and the Airport Card is where the problem lies, but there is not
much configuration settings to change.  To have this problem on four
different Apple OS-X computers using Airport and not to have the issue with
the  Windows computer is too much of a coincidence for it not to be a
OS-X/Airport card issue.

I finally decided to switch to Ethernet anytime I start messing with large
files.  It takes a second to plug in and change the network location in
OS-X.  It saves me a lot of hassle and time. I am glad to hear not everyone
is having this problem.  I have spent countless hours trying to get this to
work (since 10.1) and I do not have the desire to spend another minute on
this issue, especially when the work around is so simple for me.