[Ti] Big windows-mac troubles

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Tue Feb 18 05:35:20 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 12:02  AM, Ted wrote:

>> win box connected via ethernet
>> mac connected to router via airport card/wireless
>
> On large files I ALWAYS have to hook the Ti through Ethernet.  Airport
> ALWAYS craps out when trying to transfer large files.  I have tried
> with
> each version of OS-X and still have had no luck.  I wonder if 11.g
> handles
> large files better???
>
> Ted

Just curious, but just how large of files are you talking about?  Just
last week, I successfully transferred files of 922MB, 562MB, 316MB and
a few just over 100MB from my powerbook to a win2k machine wirelessly.
I'm using an Airport card and an SMC WAP and the win2k machine is wired
to the router.  802.11g may not handle large files better, but it would
definitely be faster.

-Neil

-------
http://rainer3.com