[Ti] The Dexia Rack -- Sweet!

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Wed Feb 19 11:33:40 PST 2003

>After a long wait, I finally received my Dexia Rack yesterday.  This
>laptop stand, along with two others, was reviewed by Adam Angst a
>few issues ago in Tidbits.  It sounded like just the thing for my
>situation and, lo and behold, it is!  Very lightweight, the Rack has
>legs so that it can be used either on a desk/table, with an external
>keyboard and mouse, or (and this is the good part) it fits over your
>lap, its legs resting on a chair, sofa, bed, or the ground.  I have
>tried it with both my 12" PB and my TiBook, and it works a treat.
>If, as I do, you do a lot of computing away from a desk, you might
>want to take a look at the Rack.
>
>I have absolutely no connection with the company
>(<http://www.dexiadesign.com/>), and just wanted to pass on some
>news about an innovative and useful product.  Fair warning, however:
>this company is a small one and the product is currently available
>only from them directly or through university bookstores.  However,
>production is being ramped up and supplies should be more plentiful
>in March.

Interesting - but the angle looks wrong - from the picture on the WWW
site it looks like the keyboard is horizontal, whereas it would be
much better ergonomically if there was a 20 degree slope. I guess
it's OK if you use it on a desk and plug in a USB keyboard and mouse,
since at least then the screen is at the right height ?

I'd probably buy this if it sloped (better yet, if the slope was adjustable).

Paul