The Dexia Rack -- Sweet!

Doffie Rotter doffie.rotter at uconn.edu
Wed Feb 19 08:06:51 PST 2003

After a long wait, I finally received my Dexia Rack yesterday.  This
laptop stand, along with two others, was reviewed by Adam Angst a few
issues ago in Tidbits.  It sounded like just the thing for my situation
and, lo and behold, it is!  Very lightweight, the Rack has legs so that
it can be used either on a desk/table, with an external keyboard and
mouse, or (and this is the good part) it fits over your lap, its legs
resting on a chair, sofa, bed, or the ground.  I have tried it with
both my 12" PB and my TiBook, and it works a treat.  If, as I do, you
do a lot of computing away from a desk, you might want to take a look
at the Rack.

I have absolutely no connection with the company
(<http://www.dexiadesign.com/>), and just wanted to pass on some news
about an innovative and useful product.  Fair warning, however: this
company is a small one and the product is currently available only from
them directly or through university bookstores.  However, production is
being ramped up and supplies should be more plentiful in March.