[Ti] [OT] Micro$oft acquires Virtual PC - the kiss of death ?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Feb 20 15:23:03 PST 2003

>>On the surface, it doesn't seem like good news. But the Mac
>>Business Unit at Microsoft has managed to turn out a version of
>>Office for Mac that is definitely better than the MS office for XP.
>>So, take it with a grain of salt, i know I will. The MBU is a
>>pretty dedicated bunch of folks over there. Connectix hasn't done
>>me any favors over the years.

I agree. Let the MBU have at VPC.  M$ does not perceive Macs as a
threat; they are not in the hardware business; if they are getting a
few hundred bucks for any percentage of Macs sold it is in their best
interest to keep that product working well.

Notice that they are not continuing the Linux version; Linux is a
perceived threat to M$, so they are not going to help them along.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com