[Ti] [OT] Micro$oft acquires Virtual PC - the kiss of death ?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Feb 20 16:25:55 PST 2003

On  Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:06:29 -0800 Paul Russell <prussell at arc-software.com>
wrote:

> This looks like bad news to me:
>
> <http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=5988>

Yup! Looks as if Micro-snot is aiming a broadside at the Mac community.
Probably if we don't have a copy of Virtual PC, we should get it now before
they squash the product for good.

A real shame too! Connectix was one of the most innovative Mac developers
anywhere.

What do you think the chances are that they will keep Virtual PC going. On
the one hand, it is a way of selling a few more (very few, admittedly)
Windoz packages. On the other hand, it is a way of making switchers who are
trying to do things both ways on one machine switch back - and those who are
on the brink of switching to think again.

jg